Sunday, 26 October 2014

Fifty weeks down... New Zealand...

I arrived into Queenstown airport which is hands down the best landscape at an airport I have ever seen. It literally was stunning! Everywhere you turned were mountains with either fantastic deep green forestry or white with snow it was like something out of a movie...

I headed to the hostel which was also hands down the best ever hostel I have stayed in! The Adventure hostel has everything you could need. It had a Kitchen with all its amenities even including a waffle maker! They also have an Endless list of tv and movies to watch on the wide screen tv or play on the play station or wii. You can even hire ski and snow board equipment and a go pro if you need them.

Once I was all checked in i decided to check out Queenstown and walked around to the harbour to see the  stunning views.

I went to a quaint little cafe called a Patagonia Chocolates where I had a hot chocolate.

I then headed to The Barrarat to have steak and chips for main and cheesecake with passion fruit for pudding while I watched the South Africa v New Zealand rugby game.

Afterwards I went back to the hostel and watched a movie with the people in the hostel.

On Sunday I went to Breakie at Atomic Cafe and had French toast with berries and maple syrup. 

I then got the bus to Arrowtown to explore.

This old mining village was very pretty with lots of little shops. I stopped for Tea at expresso love and enjoyed reading my book in the sunshine. 

Once I was back in Queenstown I had a look around the shops and stopped at Patagonia Chocolates to have Churros and chocolate which was delicious.

That evening I met up with the people at the hostel and had Roast dinner which the hostel makes for everyone and you pay $8 for it. It was yummy and gave me a chance to get to know everyone. 

Monday was my first ever ski day so I got up at 6.30 and was taken to Cardona ski resort. I got fitted with my boots and skis etc and had my first lesson on the 'magic carpet' which meant that you get carried to the top on a flat escalator and then ski down it. It was really good fun, although, I was sooo nerves the whole way through as I knew if any thing was going to happen then my insurance would not cover me so I would have been screwed!!

Once I got back I had a quick show and met up with a few of the guys from the hostel where we went for drinks at 1987 bar which had really cheap drinks. 

The next bar was Harry's bar where we had pizza and cider. We also spent the evening playing pool. I was rubbish!

Afterwards we headed to The Find it was a club which had a guy singing live. He was really good so I did join in with a sing-a-long. 

We finally headed to Ferg Burger which has New Zealand's most famous burgers. I can confirm its amazing! I shared a pork burger with one of the guys. I love that it's open till 5am! 

On Tuesday I got to enjoy a lay in and eventually got myself up and headed for a bike ride. As per usual it tipped it down so I got soaked!! 

I went to Jonny's bar for a coffee to try and warm up a bit. Then grabbed a red velvet cupcake for later. 

In the evening I headed to The pub on the wharf for lasagne which was delicious. 

I headed back to the Hostel for quiz night. We ended up coming second and losing by one point purely as we didn't recognise the picture as Russell brand! Would you have recognised him? 

On Wednesday I headed to the airport as I was going to Milford sound. I paid extra to change the 5 hour coach ride to a 20 minute flight. It was sooo stunning and the view from the air were so cool. 

We then headed to the boat where we cruised around Milford sound for a couple of hours taking in the beautiful views and even seeing a few seals.

I then had the 5 hour coach ride back which also had fantastic views! 

Once I got back to the hostel I meet up with a few of my friends for Thai at Tham Nik Thai. We decided to share a few different plates between us which was Pad Thai, Panang curry and tofu noodles with cashew nuts. It was such good food we ate every bit! 

Afterwards we ended up going to Xstreme pub for a beer and then headed down stairs to Beer street company where we had a few more drinks. Are final stop was 1987 bar for some more cheap beers. There was a live band and everyone was joining in dancing so me and a few of the guys stayed there till close.

Thursday a few friends and I did a Road trip to Walaka. It's a cute little village with a few nik-nak shops. 
We had brunch at Kia where I choose to have fritters and halumi which was scrumptious. 

We walked off the food around the lake which was beautiful. 

Afterward we Headed to Gibbsons Valley Winery where we had wine and cheese tasting which was superb. I especially enjoyed the cheese! 

That night one of our friends cook peanut butter chicken with rice and vegetables which was yummy. We then played Mario kart. It was fun as we made a competition of it but I was terrible and out in the first round.  

On my last day in Queenstown I headed to Atomic Cafe for yogurt and granola with berries which was tasty. 

I then headed for the Gondola which took me to the top of the hill. I went to the observation tower but at that point I couldn't see a thing because it was sooo foggy. Once I went up the chair lift to the top of the luge ride and went on that a few times the sky had cleared and I had an amazing view of Queenstown. 

I headed back and met up with a few friends and ate a Ferg burger which was yummy. 

I then headed back to the hostel to watch a movie and chill. 

Afterwards I popped into town to grab a Coffee at vudu to try and wake me up.

I met up with the rest of the gang and headed to The Rhino which looks like a ski chalet. It was really cool inside with a DJ playing some tunes. Afterwards we went to Cowboys which was cowboy themed even with a ride the bull machine. It was lovely to hang out with everyone and gave me a chance to say goodbye before my flight the next day.

Saturday I flew back to Sydney and headed back to the apartment. 

I went for brunch with one of the roommates at Cafe Dov where I had pancakes with ricotta and berries which was delicious. 

I had to go to Bondi junction to get my iPad screen fixed after smashing it on the floor in Bali and then headed back home to watch some movies. 

On Sunday I met up with a friend that I met in Bali at Boy Charlton pool for lunch. I had zuccni flowers with chips which were as wonderful as ever.

Then we met up with one of the new housemates and headed to darling harbour for drinks. We had look at the Latin festival which was on, although, the que for drinks was way too long so we decided to find a bar.

We choose to go to Tokyo bar which was nice and chilled. They even had a singer who was really good. 

We then headed back to King Cross where we had Thai power for dinner and then headed to Kings cross hotel where we met a random guy who asked to come and sit with us. He was pretty weird but it was nice to have a chat as he was funny.

After having all of two hours sleep it was time to get ready for the next part of the trip... Gold Coast... Next post coming soon...

Keeping you posted. 

Sarah x