Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Third week down…


It’s starting to get very hard not to fall in love with this city!

Although I have only been here for a short time, it’s amazing how quickly I have fitted in. The weeks seem to fly by!
I didn’t do much in the evening on Monday as I pretty much got back and went straight to bed! (hardcore!!) 

Tuesday was work again, however, the girls at work recruited me for netball. It was a mixed team and I ended up playing Goal Shot. We did lose 17 – 3 but on a positive note I did score one goal!!

Wednesday I decided to go to salsa after work. I took the train to central and decided to take a taxi to the dance class which turns out to be only 5 minutes down the road. Although, it took ages round the one way system and then I was $15.00 down! The taxi came and pulled outside the correct address, although, there was nothing to say Salsa republic. I decided to go up the stairs and found the class which was pretty grim! There was a couple who were dancing that were amazing, so I though it could be a good class! Ohhhhh how I was wrong!!! The class wasn’t very good and the teacher wasn’t very good either! The guys were super weird. I knew I just wanted to leave, but, couldn’t as I didn’t want to be rude. The dance teacher also decided to copy some of my dance moves!! So it’s safe to say I won’t be going back there again!!!

Thursday was definitely the best night I have had here so far! After work we headed to the Opera Kitchen at Circular Quay, to meet Marcos who was from an airline company paying for our night out (trying to woo us!). He ordered us wine and a food platter which was amazing.

We then headed to the Opera House for ‘Just for Laughs’ comedy show which was soo funny. I love comedy shows and this one in particular was really good. The Host was Dave Thornton who wasn’t bad to look at either…!!

Opera Kitchen and Just for Laughs at Sydney Opera House

I then headed back home to find the roomies getting ready for a night out. My plan was to stay in and catch up on some sleep, although they took no for an answer!! I had 10 minutes to get changed and then we headed to the Ivy. The Ivy is one of the most famous clubs in Sydney and its huge!! We ended up queuing in the biggest queue ever and finally managed to get into the club. It was sooo packed I could barely move!! 

I ended up getting to bed about 2am which made getting up for work excruciating!!

Saturday morning was spent sleeping and sunbathing. I then headed into the shopping centre and treated myself to a manicure and pedicure.  In the eve we headed to the Town Hall where we walked to Darling Harbour to watch the fireworks and have some pizza, (which I managed to drop down my nice cream top!!!). We then headed to the Cinema to watch Prisoners, which was a pretty disturbing movie but the seats were huge and comfy, they even had two seats together to snuggle! 

Darling Harbour Firworks


On Sunday we headed to Bondi beach which took ages to get there, so we only had a few hours on the beach before heading back. It was pretty busy but the sun was covered by clouds so it was pretty cold…Typical!!!!!

Keeping you posted.

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment